Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Children's Halloween Costume

Posted by Richard, C.Ped on 10/21/04 at 14:00 (161900)

What are your kids or grandkids going to be for Halloween?

My three year old daughter wants to be a princess...of course.

My 11 month old son is just starting to walk. He uses the little walker thing with wheels. We are going to dress him up as a little old man using a walker. LOL

Re: Children's Halloween Costume

Dorothy on 10/21/04 at 15:04 (161908)

Got a ballerina again in the family. Pink tutu and pink outfit day and night = joy. Halloween: pink tutu and pink accessories. (By the way, this IS a girl!)

Kathy in Ky on 10/21/04 at 17:04 (161919)

I saw the funniest outfit at our Fall Festival. Two 5th grade students found an extra huge shirt, widest pair of men's pants & shared them as a Two-Headed monster. They each fit inside leg of the pants & wore green turtlenecks under the flannel shirt buttoned over both of them. Of course they won as Most Original but had more fun learning to walk at the same time & not falling down. I thought it would be a good adult costume if anyone needed to dress up. Another really good outfit was Mother Nature. A student wore a green dress, painted her face green & had ivy designs stenciled along her arms. Then hot glued silk flowers & leaves in a pretty pattern on her dress & shoes- really unusual.

Suzanne D. on 10/21/04 at 17:38 (161922)

Those are creative ideas, Kathy! That's neat.

The last year I went Trick-or-Treating, I suggested to some other kids in my neighborhood that we go together as chimney sweeps. I will date myself when I say that was inspired by the movie 'Mary Poppins'. We went from house to house in black sweat pants and shirts, with soot on our faces and carrying brooms and our treat bags, singing 'Chim-Chiminey, Chim-Chiminey, Chim-Chim-Chiree, a sweep is as lucky as lucky can be'. I was in the 8th grade. I don't guess many go out at that age these days, but that was the age limit then, and we went through our very last year!

Suzanne :)

Linda V on 10/21/04 at 18:31 (161930)

Last nite on Letterman, he introduced 2004 costumes. One was a kid with video camera on shoulder, paunch, beard..it was Michael Moore. Very original, but I think I like my 4 grandkids traditional as ghosts, witches, etc better.