Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Christopher Zingas MD

Posted by Dr. Z on 10/21/04 at 16:03 (161912)

It is with great pleasure that I announce that Dr. Christopher Zingas has joined Excellence Shockwave Therapy Group as a provider of ESWT services. I highly recommend him as one of the top orthopedic physicians in the USA.
In the future I will detail his ESWT expertise.

Re: Christopher Zingas MD

Pauline on 10/21/04 at 16:31 (161915)

Dr. Z,
This is good news. He is finally getting some recognition for being a top orthopedic physician in your mind too. Funny how I kept saying this, but earlier posts always seem to put the training of Orthopedic Foot and Ankle physicians down.

I guess we now all agree with the statement that one of them posted a while back in response to their training. His words were ' the cream always rises to the top'.

He's a good man and I believe trained under Dr. A. Manoli another great foot and ankle physician.

Dr. Z on 10/21/04 at 17:48 (161924)

With the short time I have spoke with him I find him to be a true gentleman. Our group Excellence Shockwave Therapy has quite a few foot and ankle orthopedic doctors that we work with. I enjoy the experience that they bring to my own.
It is strange how in foot and ankle podiatry/orthopedics we only know the top doctors in our area or who are in our own profession. I have always known the reputation of Henry Ford Hospital but before my involvement with ESWT I never heard of Dr. Zingas or Dr. Manoli. That doesn't mean anything its just that I never heard of them.
I agree this is great news. I am going to make sure he gets the recognition that he has earned and deserves.

A Manoli, II, MD on 10/21/04 at 21:26 (161945)

Dr Zingas did not train under me. I believe he trained in Houston with Don Baxter, MD. We are very good friends. He practices in the East side of the Detroit area in the Henry Ford System. I am in the Northern suburbs. He is active in our Michigan Foot Study Group and the American orthopaedic Foot and Ankle Society. We get a chance to 'talk shop' about 8-10 times a year at various meetings. I agree that he is a very fine F&A surgeon and an excellent scientist.

Glad to hear he is in the ESWT program. I do not perform this, and send interested patients to him for his evaluation/treatment.

Dr. Z on 10/22/04 at 09:13 (161965)

Here is a brief background for Dr. Zingas. I believe that Baylor Medical is assoicated with Dr. Baxter.

When I receive his complete CV I will post it for anyone that is interested

Cut and paste this link for his background

Ed Davis, DPM on 10/22/04 at 10:59 (161979)

I think that the 'rising tide raises all ships' and that it will become very difficult to deny the beneficial effects of ESWT on tendinopathies and enthesopathies. Anyone who has had a reasonable amount of exposure and experience with the technology, I feel, will give it an overwhelming vote of confidence.

Ed Davis, DPM on 10/22/04 at 11:37 (161985)

Dr. Manoli:

I assume that you are subspecializing in orthpedics of foot and ankle problems. ESWT, based on the European experience does have body wide usage in teninopathies and enthesopathies so you may want to take a serious look at it. The Sonorex has the FDA indication for lateral epicondylitis: http://www.sonorex.com

Interestingly, while the focus here has been on plantar fasciitis/fasciosis, I think that the success rate is even better in achilles tendinosis; good in lateral epicondylitis; only fair in medial epicondylitis, promising in patellar tendinitis. The website http://www.ismst.com is a good starting point for research.
Ed Davis, DPM