Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

still in pain

Posted by milley on 10/22/04 at 08:32 (161962)

I had reported that the 2nd epf surgery done on 10/ 04 was a success, well it was for two days guess it was numb still. Anyway 8 months since the first epfsurgery and here I am again with the same pain I started with from the first surgery. This doctor said that the first doctor did not cut the plantar fascia enough. The site where I had my second surgery, for a cyst removal is still were painful, it was removed may. This is on the outer portion of my foot on the bottom of my left foot arch area. Is it a possibility that a tendon can be trapped in that area. The doctor says that the tendon there is inflammed. It has been over 8 months now and still no relief, is there anyway of easing this pain short of amputaion?I could of lived with the heal spur pain but this is unbearable it just gets worse. The doctor says he thinks physical therpy will work, is it worth it will it work, I'm already out 52,000.00 could of paid off everything I owned and retired on that.

Re: still in pain

Ed Davis, DPM on 10/22/04 at 16:45 (161999)

You stated you are out $52,000 ??? Why so much? Have you gone through the various conservative treatments for PF including ESWT (see Scott's Heel Pain Book).
Ed

milley on 10/23/04 at 14:46 (162026)

No not as of yet, I start physical therpy monday. I have had the epf surgery twice, 1 surgery to remove a cysts, and one to remove a tumor. I have been in 5 cast 2 cam walkers and two post op shoes. I am at the dr.s office once a week if not twice. It has been going on for 9 months now. Still no better. I think it may be rsd but dont now nothing but that I am tired of crying and being in pain. We have tried shots , taping, casting. still not better. We did find out that the first dr did not cut the fascia all the way like he said he just nicked it a little. Had he had done it right in february I dont think I'd have this problem now. The area where the tumor was removed is the worse, it is still swollen and cant even stand to touch it with my hand, it was done in may.

Ed Davis, DPM on 10/25/04 at 14:46 (162115)

milley:
We generally like to see the conservative treatments for PF exhausted before surgical treatment. If you have had surgery before at least a reasonable portion of the treatments in Scott's Heel Pain Book were attempted, I would consider a second opinion.
Ed