Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Email Pal Wanted

Posted by PetaP on 10/27/04 at 01:39 (162237)

Hi I would like an email penpal who suffers from Plantar Faciitis and heel spurs. I am 33 and I need to lose weight to see if my feet improve. I have had pain for 12 months next month and am really frustrated. I can't afford to have physio every week although it seemed to help a little. I am married with a 4 year old who sees mummy limping around all day on crutches. I would relly like to share this with a friend.

Re: Email Pal Wanted

Suzanne D. on 10/27/04 at 16:26 (162280)

Peta, I think many people here would like to get to know you and hear your story and share your thoughts. Why not post here and enjoy 'conversations' with many people on the message board for awhile. In time, you may feel you have gotten to know individuals who seem to have things in common with you. And then you might find you would enjoy e-mailing them. That's usually how it works here. I think you'll find the people who post here to be friendly and helpful and quite interesting!

Have you read The Heel Pain Book here on this site? (Just click on the words.) You will find many good suggestions of things to try.

Best wishes,
Suzanne :)

PetaP on 10/28/04 at 00:27 (162304)

Thanks Suzanne. I have read the book and have tried some of the things listed, but I can't afford some of the other treatments. I have had this condition for a year now and I have actually made an appointment to have injections next wednesday. I just want a little relief, so we will see how that goes.

Kathy G on 10/28/04 at 08:45 (162312)

I hope the cortisone shots help you. PF can take a long time and a lot of patience before it gets better but most people find that they do get better. Most of the suggestions in the Heel Pain book take time before they work. I didn't think the icing helped my foot when I was doing it but now I know that it did. For me, resting, icing and doing gentle stretching exercises seemed to help me the most, along with a custom orthotic. Some people find that Birkenstocks help them a great deal and they aren't as expensive as custom orthotics. You might be able to purchase them for less money in your country than we can here in the states.

Good luck and keep us posted on how you're doing. I'll bet that four-year-old wants to help you whenever he can. That's such a neat age!