Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Interesting URL

Posted by john h on 10/27/04 at 11:29 (162262)

The following URL will allow you to enter a street address, a city, or whatever and get an overhead aerial view. You can zoom in very close in some cases:

http://www.terraserver.microsoft.com

Re: Interesting URL

Dorothy on 10/27/04 at 15:05 (162272)

I clicked on St. Louis County and saw the tears of Cardinals fans flowing into the Mississippi. I could see the little white caps and ripples made with each new entry. It's a sad day in Mudville....

Suzanne D. on 10/27/04 at 16:49 (162282)

That IS an interesting site, John!

Thanks,
Suzanne :)

Kathy G on 10/28/04 at 08:57 (162314)

That's pretty cool, John! Sorry, Dorothy, but if you click on Boston you can see all the fans waking up this morning saying, 'Did I dream it or did it really happen?' Those were my husband's first words this morning and I know he wasn't alone!

Everyone from the Boston media commented on how nice and friendly the people in St. Louis were. One young anchorwoman who's new to the area and had been also sent to New York couldn't get over how nice the St. Louis fans were to her and she mentioned it several times during her pregame report.

I sure hope the fans in Boston don't shame us by being rowdy during the victory celebration. My son, the avid sports fan, was so upset about what happened when the Sox beat the Yankees. He said a few jerks managed to embarrass a group of devoted fans who just wanted to cheer their team not throw bricks at the police. We're all hoping that people conduct themselves properly in the next few days and don't wreck a celebration that's been eighty-six years in the making.

Dorothy on 10/28/04 at 17:58 (162356)

I know you're not really sorry, but that's ok! There's no joy in Mudville tonight....
Yet we hear about how the Boston fans/team et al. who were in St. Louis have been commenting all over the place about how nice St. Louis and St. Louisans were to them. It's a dear old American city that has had its share of hard times - and needs the love and support of its fellow countrymen!
Ah well - I heard this truism: it wasn't really going to matter; St. Louis was going to get short shrift anyway: if Boston won, it would be 'Boston Wins the Series! Breaks the Curse!' and all of that. If Boston lost, it would be 'Boston Loses Series! Curse Continues! ' and all of that. It's as if no other team were there, that it was all about Boston - and yet there was one other mighty fine team there; they just didn't have the spirit or heart or something. A complete bafflement. Cardinals fans will be scratching their heads for a while over the complete strangeness of what happened. You probably feel differently, but hordes of people we are talking to are disgusted by the Fox coverage (although we do love Joe Buck, at least in part because he is the son of the late and beloved Jack Buck). Fox: ycccccchhhh!!!!