Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

I am with ya Ron B.

Posted by SteveG on 10/28/04 at 20:58 (162378)

I was stunned that everybody jumped on the litigation bandwagon when, if you read her post, it's clear that she's at leave of her senses. any doctor who sees her enter the waiting room should head out the back door.

Re: I am with ya Ron B.

Pauline on 10/28/04 at 23:06 (162382)

Maybe what you really mean to say is that women don't get the same respect that men get when they go to doctors. We don't read much about men being fondled in doctors offices. Perhaps those women should just keep quiet too. We all know it was their fault-----don't we????

SteveG on 10/28/04 at 23:57 (162384)

What???? I was making a point about a particular post, and I would have agreed with Ron if the poster had been a man. How you got from there to women being fondled by their doctors is, well, pretty difficult for me to follow.

Pauline on 10/29/04 at 09:40 (162402)

My demonstration simply shows that no one enjoys being attached to a statement that was made in a post that they were not responding to. When I responded to Millie's original post I was responding to her right to councel, yet Ron saw fit to drag my name into another issue that she brought up and I had not addressed.

Like you I was making one particular point. How I got attached to
another person's feeling about gendure is, well, pretty difficult for me to follow too.

If it should happen to you, it should happen to me either and you responded correctly.

Pauline on 10/29/04 at 09:41 (162403)

My last sentence should read:
If it shouldn't happen to you it shouldn't happen to me either and you responded correctly.

Dr. Z on 10/29/04 at 13:43 (162426)

Maybe or maybe not. She could be just pissed off, angry, in pain and needs help. It is my understanding that she had retained an attorney before even starting to tell her story. Is this correct?

Pauline on 10/29/04 at 14:01 (162428)

Did she get help from Ron's reply to her original post?

Re: To Pauline

Ron B. on 10/30/04 at 16:58 (162561)

Pauline, you unfortunately misunderstood my point. Since your posts are usually relatively level headed and contain good sense, I was surprised that you responded to Millie after she made her comments regarding her 'gay' doctor. I thought that after she made the ignorant comments about her gay doctor that you wouldn't even qualify her with an answer. There are too many people on this site that are good people with significant problems. People like her that call her doctors crack heads, won't go to a doctor because he's gay, etc., really do need some psychological help, and I'm not being mean, I'm being serious and realistic. Millie is concerned that a gay doctor may give her AIDS, but forgets that you don't have to be gay to have AIDS. I personally do not understand the gay lifestyle, and do believe that it's unnatural. But the sex preferences of my doctor doesn't matter to me, as long as he/she is qualified.

milley on 11/01/04 at 11:20 (162691)

I never even said that aids was the issue. I was rather commenting on his common sense. If you dont understand the concept of the unity of man and woman your judgement in other areas could be impaired as well. That is what I was stating. You need a head shrink if this is a acceptable life style to you. I didnt say I quit going to him because of the fact he was gay, I quit going to him because he cut my nerve in my foot when I went for a simple epf surgery over 9 months ago and it was not performed properly or a second one would not of be needed on the same thing, by a second dr. Being gay was something I found out after the fact' did you miss that. I now have rsd because of it I have the right to be angry, I have the right to call him anything I like. Maybe if you had been thru the last 9 months of living hell that I have been thru maybe you would understand where I am coming from. You jumped to conclusions and read more into it then I said. I was just stating that he was incompatent as a dr! Would you like a copy of my medical reports, I'll gladly mail them to you ,give me your address, then you can make a judgement about me and my level of thinking Ok. I was just telling others to be careful of dr.s who are inadequate in this line of work. If you want to support gay rights for dr.s I'm sure there is a website for that as well, otherwise keep your opions to yourself. And, by the way while you were busy scrutinizing my level inteligence and critizing what I had wrote, did you bother to notice the name is spelt MILLEY not millie, see I pay attention to details before I make judgement calls lol!

milley on 11/01/04 at 11:21 (162692)

Pauline that message was for ronb in reply of hiscomments to you.

Pauline on 11/01/04 at 12:44 (162701)

Good luck in any area that you choose to pursue whether it be legal, or additional medical treatment at a pain clinic.

Hopefully you will reconsider and continue to post here. The site is open to everyone and especially needed by those in pain.

Ron B. on 11/01/04 at 13:15 (162706)

Instead of rehashing everything, I think that you may have missed my point. Cutting a nerve as part of an EPF surgery does not mean a doctor is incompetent. Injury to the nerve and/or RSD are complications that can occur with EPF surgery (RSD can occur with any surgery or injury). When I had an EPF surgery, my doctor reviewed the risks/complications associated with the procedure. The risks that he discussed included injury to the nerve, RSD, recurrence of the problem, etc. My main point is gay or straight, a poor result does not always equate with malpractice or an incompetent doctor. Your particular doctor may very well be incompetent, but injury to the nerve and RSD do not always mean a doctor is incompetent. By the way, if you are so detailed oriented, you should learn how to spell incompetent, criticize, and opinion in your posting and realize that there is no such word as 'spelt'. Why don't you put your anger aside and simply concentrate on getting better.