Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Re. early voting

Posted by Dorothy on 10/29/04 at 14:10 (162429)

I expressed surprise over early voting in posts of the past week or two and was told by a couple of people that 'it's been done for years...' and such.

I just heard this quote on the radio, NPR, 'This is the first year that early voting has been done in Florida and other states....'

So, I still don't know the answer to my question. I think it is possible that someone responding to my question here might have been referring to absentee voting, which, of course, has been done in all states forever and with which I am and always have been totally familiar - but that is a completely different animal from this 'early voting' - which, I think, is a subtle but significant change to our whole voting process. In my opinion, it should be discontinued. So,when I have some time I will look for some definitive information on this subject - but now now.

Re: Re. early voting

Pat C on 10/30/04 at 08:28 (162485)

I don't know where you live, but many states have had early voting for years. For example, I have lived in Nevada for the last eleven years and there has always been early voting here.Polling places were set up at different sites throughout the town, Las Vegas, and you can vote at any of them no matter what precinct you live in. My husband and I voted last Saturday at the Mall. Early voting ended yesterday. On voting day you have to vote at your specific precinct. This has also been going on in Texas where my daughter lives for a long time. This is not a subtle change to our voting process. It is a good way to get more people out to vote.