Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Pilates Exercise

Posted by Linda V on 10/31/04 at 19:46 (162652)

Hi,
I bought a cheap VHS tape with an all floor mat work out..and it has been very good for me. The focus is more on balance and control and quality rather than quantity. There were only 2 exercises on it that I deemed better to skip at this point. Anyhow, it got my heart rate up, and I feel better. I encourage anyone looking for alternatives to try this..you can tailor it to fit whatever level you are at. Beats sitting around watching Lifetime TV and eating potato chips! And its not just for gals..you guys can do this too.

Re: Pilates Exercise

Lori S. on 10/31/04 at 23:12 (162662)

Whats the name of the Pilates vhs you bought?
thanks,
Lorinda

Linda V on 11/01/04 at 07:19 (162669)

The one I bought was Pilates for Dummies. I really wanted a set called Winsor Pilates, but couldn't find it in the local stores in VHS form. Everything now is DVD, and I don't have one yet. But for $9.99, I am very satisfied with the one I bought. Ebay has lots more type of tapes. Some public libraries even carry them so you can try it.

Lori S. on 11/01/04 at 22:59 (162750)

Thanks Linda... its funny, i was looking at that very pilates myself the other day........ going to get one and try it out....
Lorinda

Dorothy on 11/02/04 at 00:21 (162755)

Linda V. - You might try http://www.collagevideo.com for exercise videos. They have an excellent selection of VHS and DVD and all they carry is exercise videos. They give a good description and let you view a short segment of the videos online. It gives a little bit of an idea of what a video is like, if you're unfamiliar with it. I like the Pilates for Dummies video, too.

Kristie on 11/05/04 at 13:47 (163032)

I love doing pilates. It fun to do and yes your not on your feet.

JudyS on 11/06/04 at 02:17 (163071)

Kristie which Pilates program do you do?