Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

ESWT

Posted by Avery on 11/01/04 at 09:55 (162681)

I live in Lexington, KY and have been told by physicians in this area that it is app. $ 3000.00 for the ESWT treatment. Does anyone out there know where I could get it at a more afforable price? I am willing to travel and after having pf for 10 years would be most greatful for any advice that anyone could give.
Thanks!!!!1

Re: ESWT

EleanorH on 11/01/04 at 10:52 (162687)

I tried to answer before but was unsuccessful. Hopefully this isn't a duplicate.
I just returned from Dr. David Cho's office in Virginia Beach, VA. I had one treatment for PF on my right foot. The total cost was $1,800. I believe that there's a lower price if you have both feet done at the same time.
His website is http://www.chofoot.com
He has a wonderful bedside manner, was trained in Chicago and is much more advanced than any of our podiatrists in my area. I traveled 4 hours to see him.
Best of luck to you. I'm hoping for much improvement over the next few weeks.

Pauline on 11/01/04 at 11:19 (162690)

Eleanor,
Unfortunately sometimes travel is involved in seeking out doctors to provide treatment. It sounds like you were very pleased with Dr. Cho's approach to your P.F. problem and his treatment of you as a patient.
I think everyone here will be praying for you to have a good outcome from your treatment,lots of pain reduction and even that cure that everyone is seeking. Best of luck to you. I'm keeping fingers and toes crossed along with keeping you in my prayers.

Dr. Z on 11/01/04 at 11:43 (162696)

What is the expense if you need to have a 2nd treatment. Do you have to pay $1800 a 2nd time?

EleanorH on 11/01/04 at 11:46 (162697)

I'm not sure but the doctor was quite open when discussing options. You could probably just give him a call. I believe he mentioned a reduced cost if a second treatment is required.

Janet H on 11/01/04 at 18:35 (162734)

I am having this procedure done on 11-08-04-I am a cashier-how many weeks should I stay off my feet before I return?

john on 11/01/04 at 19:49 (162740)

EleanorH,

Please let us know how you are doing post treatment.

Dr. A on 11/02/04 at 17:25 (162815)

I have not been on this site for quite some time, but I am in St. Louis and charging $1800 for self pay ossatron. Check out podiatryinfo.com

Janet H on 11/03/04 at 02:54 (162839)

can anyone answer my question????

Dr. Z on 11/03/04 at 08:46 (162855)

Janet,
This is a very individual question with no specific answer, however here is what I tell patients. IF you have the procedure done on a Thurday you should be able to return to work on Monday. If you are feeling fine then go back. Some patients will need more time. Being able to sit will help you if this can be arranged.

Sara M on 11/03/04 at 17:01 (162883)

I am post ESWT 2 months doing okay but definetly not pain free. It was painful only when my foot wasn't completly numb, however the doctor would stop and numb it so I wasn't uncomfortable. I paid 800$ for both feet, he said it was a high dose. I kept walking to a minimum for two days, forgot I had Jimmy Buffet concert ticket on the third day, so I was in pain by the end of the night. But am now having more good days than bad compared to mostly all bad before I went in. I live in MA and had the procedure done by Dr. Sardella at the University Foot Center in Providence RI, he was the best podiatrist I have been to since onset of 4.5 years ago. If it works it is worth every penny. Good Luck!

Lori S. on 11/03/04 at 23:15 (162914)

Janet,

Read around here a bit. You can see how people are doing post ESWT..Though, many people return to work, many do not. I am thankful I dont have to work outside my home right now, because being 5 weeks post ESWT, I am still in a lot of pain if I am on my feet any amount of time. It is different for everyone. I was in more pain prior to the procedure tho too, so ....so far so good for me. I hope you find relief,,,,,,
Lorinda

Janet H on 11/04/04 at 23:04 (162998)

thanx everyone..

Sue T on 11/11/04 at 10:48 (163544)

Is this ossatron or the lesser powerful dornier machine?

Dr. Z on 11/11/04 at 11:34 (163552)

Hi
Not sure of your correction but the dornier and the ossatron are EQUAL in power for the treatment of plantar fasciosis. Where did you get the understanding that ossatron was more powerful machine. They are both HIGH energy FDA approved devices