Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Anodyne Therapy

Posted by Andrea K. on 11/02/04 at 11:08 (162769)

Has anyone had Anodyne Therapy? If so, did you find it effective?

Re: Anodyne Therapy

Ed Davis, DPM on 11/02/04 at 14:42 (162796)

Andrea:
I have heard mixed reviews on it. One of its proponents is Randolf Fish, DPM of Tacoma, WA. He finds that it seems to have the greatest effect when small nerves close to the surface of the skin are affected as in diabetic neuropathy.
Ed

Andrea K. on 11/02/04 at 15:31 (162803)

Most of the information I have found has been in relation to diabetic neuropathy and not necassarily plantar fasciitis. I just started physical therapy and as part of treatment, Anodyne Therapy was recommended. I am trying to figure out if this is worth my time (and money).

I have not been able to find much information on the internet as this seemed to be a fairly new type of treatment. From what I understand, Anodyne therapy improves nerve functions by releasing nictic oxide into the hemogloben, which also improves cirrulation and aids in wound healing.

Is this correct and would you happen to have any other information or web sites with additional resources?

Ed Davis, DPM on 11/03/04 at 10:53 (162865)

Andrea:
It is doubtful that anodyne would have any significant effect on plantar fasciitis based on the information out there.
Ed

Dr. Ben Pearl on 11/05/04 at 12:42 (163030)

I think the main application is neuroathy but the circulation benefit helped with my own p. f. when I tried it.

Pauline on 11/05/04 at 22:01 (163064)

Dr. Pearl,
When treating your own P.F. what provided relief and finally a cure??? Have you had any relapses?

leon j on 11/14/04 at 17:01 (163897)

AT can work wonders for NON-diabetic peripheral neuropathy sufferers. first treatment worked for me; after two months with my own machine i've lost a lot of pain, particularly burning, and regained much balance and sensation.

Janice C on 11/14/04 at 17:11 (163898)

Leon, can you explain about your machine? Where you purchased it, what symptoms you bought it for, etc. I have episodes of burning off & on, have for about 4-5 yrs, was not diagnosed with diabetes ever, until last week, my nurse/pract. says it is very early & can be reversed with diet & exercise, which I am doing. thanks, Janice C