Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Wilson Prostaff 1000

Posted by Chetty on 11/02/04 at 12:08 (162776)

I've been using a Wilson Prostaff 1000 for about 3-4 months. I play tennis for about 2 hours a day for 3 days a week.

Recently I have started getting some pain in my heels. I tried using a Dr. Scholls heel support gel. However, the pain doesnt seem to be reducing.

I have the maximum pain just as I get out of the bed in the morning (if I played tennis the previous night). It reduces gradually and by the time I play tennis again its gone.

Would appreciate if anybody knows its a problem with the Wilson shoe and if there is any suggestions to get over it.

Re: Wilson Prostaff 1000

Pauline on 11/02/04 at 12:33 (162780)

I'm not a doctor so for a real diagnosis on your condition you'll actually need to see a doctor.

Having said that, if you read through Scott's heel pain book available on this site you'll find all the symptoms related to have a case of Plantar Fasciitis.

The book will also make suggestions to you as far as treatment goes and things that you can do to help yourself and the pain that you are experiencing.

I think most everyone here would tell you to see a doctor early on. It could simply be a change of shoe offering more support that would solve your problem, but only trial and error on your part might provide you with some ideas of what is happening. A better idea is getting an evualation by a doctor who can give you a diagnosis and provide treatment if necessary.