Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Posted by Fred S. on 11/03/04 at 06:36 (162845)

Are there any Dr. Scholls products that compare with Powerstep? I love my Powersteps but I would like multiple pairs and have a hard time meeting the cost.

Re: comparison

Dr. David S. Wander on 11/03/04 at 12:09 (162871)

Fred, this is an excellent question. Unfortunately, I have not found many over the counter products that are the quality of PowerSteps. Dr. Scholl (in my opinion) does not make any product that compares to PowerSteps. If finances are a problem, you may simply want to purchase one pair and move the pair from shoe to shoe. This is the same thing that patients do when they purchase custom orthoses for several hundred dollars. Obviously, when spending 300-500 dollars on a pair of custom orthoses it's not very practical to have multiple pairs. Additionally, PowerSteps hold up very well and don't need to be replaced very often. Therefore, my suggestion would be to stick with the PowerSteps and move them from shoe to shoe, and only replace them when you feel you're no longer obtaining the required support.

Re: comparison

Ed Davis, DPM on 11/03/04 at 15:11 (162878)

I agree, and Scott is selling them for a reasonable price here. I tend use use more Superfeet (AKA Podothotics) due to their ease of modifiability.