Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Starting over with treatment

Posted by JADO H on 11/03/04 at 09:32 (162858)

Well, yesterday I was complaining about insurance - thanks for letting
me vent. Today, I went back to my doctor that made the orthodics I have.
He is so very nice and wants to help me - he says I am one of the 5-10% that are huge challenge. He suggested that we start back over and see what happens. So he wrapped both of my feet with pads, tap, etc - I guess it simulates an orthodic but is much more cushy. He gave me samples of Celebrex since my insurance wont cover that either unless I have tried numerous others that are all likely to agitate my tummy. Funny - insurance companies would rather I get an ulcer than just give me the medication known to be easy on the stomach. Anyhow - I am going to keep my fingers crossed and try to start back over with a fresh mind and soul.
I am 26 years old and I need my feet. I will keep you all informed on how my feet are feeling. I appreciate this message board and its support.
Thanks.

JADO

Re: Starting over with treatment

Lori S. on 11/05/04 at 23:05 (163066)

I hope you you find the combination that works for you... Sounds like you are similar to many of us here. My pod said I am one of the hardest cases hes had. Best wishes, and reminding you to think outside the box... its something my podiatrist did to help me....
best wishes,
Lorinda