? for Dr. APosted by vince on 11/03/04 at 10:58 (162866)
Does any insurance company currently pay $1800 or more for an EPF or any other type of PF surgery. I am refering strictly for the professional fee.
Re: ? for Dr. AEd Davis, DPM on 11/03/04 at 14:55 (162874)
Not sure who you are posing the question to. I think that the amount varies from region to region and carrier to carrier but would estimate the professional fee for a PF release to range between 600 to 1100.
Remember that when doing surgery, one must look at a number of other expenses:
1) the surgicenter or hospital fee (800 to 4000)
2) the anesthesiolgist fee (300 to 550)
3) certain aftercare such as casts or CAM walkers (150 to 300)
4) the largest of all that too many forget: the time lost from work expressed as a percentage of the patient's salary
5) possible disability payments going to the patient, under certain circumstances.
Re: ? for Dr. AEd Davis, DPM on 11/03/04 at 14:58 (162875)
I forgot to mention physical therapy as a possible aftercare expense.
Re: ? for Dr. ADr. A on 11/07/04 at 22:05 (163192)
I'm sure you realize that the full $1800 does not go directly into my pocket. However, I agree with your rationale. That is why I believe I am charging a fair price.