Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Linda V.

Posted by RACHAEL T. on 11/04/04 at 11:16 (162945)

Are you moving to Fla for 'good?' Or just for the winter? Are you relocating & starting a new life there? Retirement or just a move?

Re: for Rachael

Linda V on 11/04/04 at 12:46 (162949)

The plan is to make it permanent. We are retired (in our 50's) and moved up to the mountains for 3 years. Too cold, too lonely. So, Florida, here we come. If it gets too hot, we will travel for a few months a year. Or come back to New England. Its scary to totally relocate, but I do have about 25 family members down there within an hours drive. And I am getting a beautiful house built a lot cheaper than I could elsewhere. Are ya thinking about it??? Horses year round!

Re: for Rachael

Pauline on 11/04/04 at 13:23 (162950)

Hopefully you'll love your new home, it's location and being closer to family and friends. Like you say nothing has to be forever, you have options to travel back to New England etc.

Wishing you the very best on your new endeavor, especially that your household items arrive safe and sound. May you enjoy many happy years in your new home.

Please remember those of us in the north, when the snow begins to fly:*

Re: Florida move

Linda V on 11/04/04 at 14:01 (162952)

Actually, I am going to miss the snow and the cold. I am in that 'hot flash' mode. Its my hubby who is really pushing for the move more than I am. I have a feeling he is a deep down dyed in the wool Yankee...and we will be back in 2 years or so.
Oh well, like Kathy G's poem about life....woo-hoo what a ride!

Re: Florida move

Pauline on 11/04/04 at 14:20 (162954)

What you are saying is really true. We've had friends up and move to Florida and Arizona and even Calif. Loved it for a while. I think a honeymoon period, but seemed to long to return to their former location. Eventually they ended up spending most of the year in Mich. but in condos or smaller homes, and the colder months in the warmer states.

People usually end up I think doing what they are most comfortable with.

We have a place on the Gulf in Florida and although it's great in the winter, it's still not my favorite place to live when the humidity and high temperatures roll in. Sure we get a great breeze off the Gulf enough to blow papers around inside the condo, but humidity isn't my friend.

My kids and their friends use the place more than we do. My husband loves the shore so he purchased what he wanted for R & R. It's close enough for long weekends or if you just get tired of the cold. No luggage, we just up and go which makes it a pretty easy get away.