Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Still doing well after surgery

Posted by Mia on 11/05/04 at 19:26 (163056)

Just a quick note -

Wanted everyone to know how well I'm doing 1 week post-op! Pain is gone (from what I had before surgery) now I just have pain from the incision. My Dr. found a neonorma on the nerve where it branches off around the Deep Peroneal nerve, scar tissue, & a bone fragment that he removed. My Dr. was amazed by what he saw during surgery and said 'he never saw anything like it before' - I was an odd cause for him -LOL. I guess it was a learning experience for all of us!

Good luck to everyone that is dealing with TTS and I hope everyone has as good of an outcome as I did. I know I have a long road ahead of me, but at least there is an end in sight now :)

Re: Still doing well after surgery

Mia on 11/05/04 at 19:31 (163057)

OOPS! An odd 'case' not 'cause' for the doctor! Meaning what things he found within my foot during surgery. It wasn't the normal findings and everything was hinden very deep within the tissue.

denise g on 11/06/04 at 14:33 (163100)

I don\t understand , I have had so little pain and today have a lot again.
Becomming scary, I had been doing fantastic. Possibly I'm overdoing it?
Denise

Darlene on 11/06/04 at 16:56 (163106)

Denise:

Is it still the incision pain? Have you been extra active because you've been feeling better? Hopefully tomorrow will be back to minimal pain.

denise g on 11/07/04 at 08:34 (163134)

Darlene,
I have been extra active as I'm feeling better, and incision is discharging a lot more. Will see how pain level is today, I can't tell if its just incision pain or god forbid tss again, although it feels like incision pain.
Denise

Darlene on 11/07/04 at 09:52 (163144)

Denise:

It sounds like there is a direct connection between your pain and the incision - especially since you have more discharge with the pain. You had a top notch surgeon - I hope to hear some good reports from you over the next few days.

Darlene

Mia on 11/08/04 at 05:50 (163197)

Be careful with the incision and discharge coming from the incision. Sometimes that's a sign of infection! Just be aware and listen to your body.

Today appears to be an off day for me. My son lost his balance yesturday and landed directly on my incision! It caused some oozing and severe pain since. Thankfully, the incision didn't open up afterwards. The Surgi-strips help keep it closed. I'm concerned about what damage he might has caused and the fact this has set back my recovery a bit. Oh well, I'll talk with my doctor today and hope for the best.

Good luck and I hope your doing better today.

Mia