Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

9 weeks and praying for a miracle

Posted by Connie Moody on 11/05/04 at 19:43 (163058)

I am 9 weeks out from having had the treatments in Canada. Had GREAT success the first 3-4 weeks...but has been down hill since. I am now back to my pre treatment levels of pain (10 in left and 8 in right)and having to sleep with a pillow under my lower legs to keep my heels from resting on the mattress. I was so hopeful, but am apparantly one of those few that it just does not work with!
How depressing to think of living like this the rest of my life...but I guess the pod that treated me 4 or 5 years ago...'you will just have to live with the pain'
PLEASE won't someone come up with a cure in this day and age of modern medicine and technology!!!!

Re: 9 weeks and praying for a miracle

Dr. Z on 11/05/04 at 20:06 (163060)

Hi
It takes at least 12 weeks or more. If after that period of time and you have no or little relief you can then look into high energy ESWT. We have treated many patients that have had little relief with the low energy and then complete relief with Dornier High energy but first give your low energy at least 12 weeks.

Mike W on 11/06/04 at 08:19 (163076)

Hello Connie,

Most traditional treatments do not address the underlying cause of PF.

You did not mention your physical therapy routine. Are you doing any stretches or exercises?

If you want some rehab information and exercises that address the underlying problem you should check out my website http://www.foottrainer.com .

I hope you get 100% very soon.

Regards,

Mike W

Connie Moody on 11/06/04 at 18:45 (163111)

Thank you, Mike. I will try the site...though I THINK I have tried every exercise known to the PF world. Thanks for your encouragement.
Connie

Connie Moody on 11/06/04 at 19:19 (163114)

Mike, I just went to the sight you recommended. I found the testimonials to be awesome! So I have placed an order for the FootTrainer products....Maybe this is what I have needed all along. It is sure worth the try. Thanks
Connie M

Julie on 11/07/04 at 03:00 (163127)

Connie, your statement 'I think I have tried every exercise known to the PF world' rings loud bells. If you've been doing the ones usually recommended for PF - the wall stretch, the hanging-off-a-stair stretch, etc - that may well have been your problem.

I'm sure you'll find the foot trainer helpful. You could also have a look at the non-weightbearing yoga foot exercises (click on yoga).

Connie Moody on 11/07/04 at 20:54 (163187)

Julie,
Thank you for the exercises. Have printed them off and am going to try them right now.
You all have been so very helpful!
Connie

Lynn F. on 11/09/04 at 09:49 (163326)

Connie, I would love to know if the FT works for you. I am 5 weeks post ESWT and have heard good things about it. It's just that I've spent so much money lately on treatment my insurance wouldn't cover (ESWT, expensive orthotics that I feel do more harm than good, etc). Thanks!

Lynn F. on 11/09/04 at 09:53 (163327)

I agree with Julie. For me, the exercises recommended post-ESWT were more harmful than helpful. I am ever so curious about the foot trainer.