Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Worsening foot/heel pain

Posted by Lawana K. on 11/06/04 at 00:34 (163068)

I have been getting treatment for a heel spur - orthotics and cortisone shots. I stopped because I didn't feel the pain was that much better. However, it must have been because now I'm having pain in both feet, not just the left heel. I can barely walk when I get up in the morning or after sitting for a long while. When I try to wear the orthotics, they feel 'o.k.' for a while but as the day wears on, it seems that they make my feet hurt worse. I liked the doctor that I was using, but am not sure if I should return or try someone new. I am a 48 year old woman in decent shape and have never done anything, even excessive exercising, to cause this condition. My sister has also had problems. She is a nurse and stands up a lot more than I do. I am a 'retired' teacher, not working for the first time in years and my feet hurt so much more now than they did when I was working full time. What do you recommend?