Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Heel Spurs

Posted by StrawberryCRK on 11/08/04 at 20:52 (163290)

I have a job that makes me stand on my feet all the time. I'm 17 and my feet are killing me even though i have a very high tollerance to pain. SOmetimes when i sit down after a long day at work and then get up I can't put my heel on the ground it hurts so bad. I've tried going int the hottub and iceing them and even icy hott. Nothing has worked. If u have any suggestions Please help.

Re: Heel Spurs

Debi R. on 11/12/04 at 12:49 (163725)

Z-Coil shoes

Mary Ritzer on 11/14/04 at 00:24 (163873)

What is there that I can do about having heelspurs? My ackelies tendon is detached also. I also have arthritus. I am needing to also know what is it that causes heelspurs to occur? Also, is there anything special that I can do to take away the pain because it feels like I am walking on needles or broken glass at all times.. Any input that you could give me would be greatly appriciated.. Thanks.

Dorothy on 11/14/04 at 00:32 (163874)

MaryRitzer - I am not a doctor but while you are waiting for a reponse to your questions, I will suggest what most people here and the doctors would probably suggest to you. If you look at the bottom of the page you are now reading, you will see a box with 'The Book' there. If you click on that, it will take you to the Heel Spurs book which is available to you here on this website free of charge. It has been compiled by the webmaster here based on research, experience and 'best practice' kinds of information. You will find much good and useful information there and maybe find some of the answers to your questions. I am sorry you are having pain and these problems, as most of the people at this website do now or have experienced in the past. You will find information and understanding people here, but do read 'The Book' to get started. Best wishes to you ~