Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

buying shoes update??

Posted by char on 11/10/04 at 07:58 (163425)

I have been wearing the Brooks 'addiction' for many years loved that shoe, has helped my PF. Well went to buy my like 4th pair here they dicontinued it and came out with one that looks like a old granny shoe, hey, I'm only 41 and feel I have many years when I'm older to wear such a shoe. My challenge started as I went to look for another shoe. After a month of looking & trying on I cloose the Saucony Grid Stabilizer LE, I LOVE this shoe, very very firm and good heel suppoert. I would recommend this shoe to anyone looking for a classic all white shoe. They feel great, and only $89.99 compared to the $115.00 I was paying for the Brooks. Hope this helps someone.

Re: buying shoes update??

Dorothy on 11/10/04 at 10:59 (163441)

Char - This does help someone (me...) because I have been wearing the Brooks 'Addiction' and also learned they have discontinued that particular shoe. I wondered about the Brooks replacement and also wondered about the Saucony that a few other people have mentioned here, too. I appreciate very much your reviews of both of those shoes and will keep it in my memory when I begin to look for replacements for my own Brooks. When I read about the Saucony, I thought it sounded good so now I'm eager to give it a try. Thank you!

char on 11/11/04 at 08:41 (163522)

Well this is my 5th day with the Saucony Grid stab. I know they have as much support if not more of the Brooks, you will love them, they are all white but alittle classy.

Connie H. on 11/11/04 at 19:55 (163628)

Char,
Do you wear orthotics? If not,do you think there is room in these shoes for them? Do they have a removable insole, for example.

Thanks!

Rose on 11/13/04 at 11:55 (163830)

Thanks so much for the info. I too have the Brooks , and they are so much better then any of the New Balance shoes I have had in the past. I will try the ones you recommended. Thanks again.