Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

? for Dr

Posted by Shell D. on 11/10/04 at 17:09 (163476)

Has anyone heard of being treated for an encapsulated bursitis?
Any information would be helpful...

Re: ? for Dr

Ed Davis, DPM on 11/10/04 at 22:22 (163501)

A bursa is a sac of fluid that can become inflamed. Since it is a sac, one can view it like a small baloon like structure with the membrane (like the rubber of the baloon) being the 'capsule' that contains the fluid. It is a bit of a play on words to say 'encapsulated bursitis' since all bursas have a capsule or capsule like structure to contain the fluid.
Is this a diagnosis provided to you by a healthcare provider?