Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Spenco Orthotics

Posted by Shell D. on 11/10/04 at 17:14 (163477)

Does anyone have any experience with Spenco Orthotics? My husband's podiatrist recommended them for him. Much cheaper than the ones I had custom made.

Re: Spenco Orthotics

Vern S. on 11/11/04 at 10:17 (163540)

I've used them. They may be one of the best cushions. Not much for support.

Linda V on 11/11/04 at 15:28 (163583)

hi,
i tried them too,and agree they have a lot of cushion, but not much support. i like my green superfeet much better, and the price is about the same.

Suzanne D. on 11/11/04 at 16:18 (163591)

I agree, Linda. I tried Spenco, and somehow they just felt like walking on a rubber mat with a bump in the arch area. I guess I needed more control than they offered. Superfeet worked much better for me, too.

Suzanne :)

Mike on 11/12/04 at 11:46 (163717)

Spenco has different ones. They have a new gel arch support that doesn't feel like the old one. I think they have a lot of good products. Depends on which one you get. My wife uses them with her Z-Coil shoes to give just a little extra arch support. Z-Coils have a built-in orthotic arch support, but she needs even more support for her high arch, so she uses the Spenco in addition.