Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Nerve Conduction test

Posted by skull on 11/11/04 at 11:08 (163547)

I had read on the internet that this was not that bad of a test.

I found out it was an awful, mean test. I am not happy.

I asked the technician if she worked for the CIA; I told her I'd talk. She didn't quit.

I don't have my results back but it was definitely positive for PAIN.

Some spots were not that bad. Some were awful. SHe just kept turning up the juice, said she couldn't get an F wave. I'll give her an F for compassion.

Why does it say all over the internet that this test doesn't HURT?

Re: Nerve Conduction test

Norm on 11/11/04 at 18:31 (163611)

My test hurt like the dickens!! I would not want to go through it again.

Skull on 11/12/04 at 09:11 (163686)

Ok, so it wasn't just me. How was yours? I didn't hear a positive or a negative, just that I had 3 nerves they couldn't get an F wave on.

Norm on 11/12/04 at 11:56 (163718)

They told me that my test did come back positive in both feet with the left being the worst.

Terri on 11/12/04 at 18:26 (163759)

I don't remember people posting here that it didn't hurt, I've seen where many have said it was like going to the dentist. Unpleasant, but not unbearable. However, I cried when mine was done! Definitely not something I'd want to repeat.

SKULL on 11/23/04 at 22:53 (164647)

I talked to my podiatrist today and asked him if it was supposed to be painful - he said absolutely that is almost always painful if you have tts. The neurologist told me 'uncomfortable' - uncomfortable is PMS- come on!