Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

quest to darlene

Posted by denise g on 11/12/04 at 05:26 (163673)

I looked back on the posts to 8/2 couldn't find the one on scar tissue and castor oil, would you mind repeating it. Yesterday the physical therapist painfully broke up some scar tissue and foot seems a lot better today, I wonder will it keep reforming, or once its broken up its gone. I have to do stretching exercizes and she insists I do maniuplation around scar with fingers very roughly to break up scar tissue. I pray this works, I have no more tss pain, this is truly ironic.
Denise

Re: To Denise

Darlene on 11/12/04 at 09:10 (163685)

Here it is:
bbv.cgi?n=161373

This therapy centre seems to know a lot about scar tissue. The therapist I saw (for osteopathy) said that she used to use a harsher approach as part of her massage therapy training, but now uses a more gentle approach. If you would like to give them a call just e-mail me your e-mail address and I will send it on.

It's great to hear your tts are gone!!!!

Darlene

Re: To Denise

denise g on 11/12/04 at 17:36 (163745)

Thank you Darlene, I will give it a try. My p.t. believes in the rough theory in breaking up the tissue which appears to be working but leaves my ankle very sore. I'm very freaked out about this, I thought you had surgery and it fixed the problem,but now I have another problem. I am hoping in time this whole year will be a bad dream and I will feel totally well again..
Denise