Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

I Have More than Just PF...

Posted by Carlos N. on 11/12/04 at 21:04 (163771)

I hope the doctors on this board can point me in the right direction. After suffering from PF for more than ten years I seem to be better while wearing Birkenstock sandals. However, too much walking or wearing different shoes (dress shoes) for even a little while produces a pain and weakness in my calf muscles, achillies, and ankles that I can't sleep at night.

I was wondering why my lower legs hurt so much. I have no swelling or abnormal symptoms that are visible. But I feel tired, achy, stiff, and burning sensation from my knees to my ankles. I have to stay off my feet and sleep or rest to recover. It's aweful.

What should I do?

Thank you,

Carlos N.

Re: I Have More than Just PF...

Ed Davis, DPM on 11/13/04 at 12:06 (163832)

Carlos:
Helf from the Birks implies that you are in need of support. Consider a professional evaluation for orthotics.
Ed

Re: I Have More than Just PF...

Carlos N. on 11/16/04 at 18:24 (164083)

Dr. Davis,

Thanks for your reply. I do have a great pair of orthotics which I did not mention in my first post. Actually, it's my second pair in the last 7 years. When I don't wear my Birks I wear my brooks shoes with the orthotic. However, I still have severe leg pains from my heel to my knees. I feel weak, tired and unable to do day to day activities.

I need some help!

Thanks,
Carlos