Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Acupuncture

Posted by Howard on 11/13/04 at 09:21 (163814)

I have recently been diagnosed with TTS. I currently have numbness in my big toe and second toe. Has anyone tried acupuncture as a therapy to relieve symptoms. Thanks.

Re: Acupuncture

Johnn on 11/14/04 at 18:42 (163910)

yes i did and had a so/so experience, its worth a try i think. like most people who post on here i still havent had a solid enough diagnosis to let anyone cut me, granted my pain isnt as bad as alot of others though. my last doc suggested metatarsal orthotics, and so far i have had the most success with them.my pain also is only limiten to my toes and metatarsal area of my foot. i went from periferal neurapathy to PF to TTS to a mortons neuroma now my last doc is saying some metatarsalalga or something, who knows i just wopuld try everything before surgery.

Re: Acupuncture

Sharon on 11/29/04 at 21:12 (164919)

Unfortunately, accupuncture did not work for me. I had treatments twice a week for about a month. During the treatment time I also stayed off my feet as much as possible to try to give the accupuncture the best chance I could to be effective. When I went back to a more ambulatory schedule, the pain came on fairly quickly.

I am pleased to say that I have recently tried a type of shoe that has essentially eliminated the numbness and pain. See the comments I posted earlier today (11/29) under the title of 'Chaco Sandals Have Taken the Pain Away.' I don't know if it will work for others but I am thrilled with what these shoes have done for me.

My TTS also started out with numbness in one big toe that I experienced anytime I would walk more than a couple of blocks. Over a period of about three months, it got worse and my other big toe started experiencing numbness. I kept thinking it would go away, and didn't consult my doctor until the numbness developed into considerable pain.