Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Free Birks again...

Posted by Anne L on 11/14/04 at 23:28 (163945)

Hello, Everyone!

In the spirit and tradition of passing on Birks to people with plantar fasciitis, I was fortunate enough to receive free Birks from Suzanne D over 4 months ago.

I am still a newbie with PF since March, 2004. However, one soft-footbed pair of Birks from Suzanne D's was instrumental in the continuing healing process of my plantar fasciitis pains. I am very grateful for Suzanne D's kindness. And thank you to all of those who have contributed advice and recommendations on this website.

I am clearing out my closet, and I would like to offer the two remaining pairs of Birks to the first person (or persons) who e-mails me at ayl18 @ hotmail.com (without the spaces). I will happily box them and send them free to anyone who would like to try them. As Suzanne stated, shoes are a very big expense. This is a chance to try a pair of Birks.

Here is what's on offer:

Boston Birks, dark brown suede, soft-footbed, size 43 narrow (I tried them a few times, but since my feet slip out, they are not for me. They're still in good shape.)

Birkis sandals, off-white, 2 narrow straps (sorry, don't know the name), size 42 narrow. I tried them a couple of times, but they are not for me. This pair does not have the soft-footbed.

German/EU size US size English size mm
42 L11 M9 8 270
42.5 M9.5 8.5 275
43 M10-10.5 9 280

Just let me know if you are interested. I will check my e-mail tomorrow. Please mention 'Free Birks' in the subject line so I do not accidentally delete the e-mail.

Anne

Re: Free Birks again...

Dorothy on 11/15/04 at 00:50 (163946)

How wonderful of Suzanne and how very nice of you. What good people there are here!

Suzanne D. on 11/15/04 at 19:41 (164005)

I'm glad the Florida Birks have helped you, Anne! That's terrific news.

I hope someone will be able to be helped by the Boston pair and that the other pair might be useful as well. Like you, the Bostons slipped off my feet, too. They are a narrow, and the footbed itself felt narrow, but my foot - and perhaps yours - is too thin for them, I guess. There was just too much room - even with thick socks. And with thick socks, the footbed felt a little cramped, actually, while the depth of the shoe was still too much.

Since men as well as women wear Bostons, maybe they will be asked for by someone. I hope so!

Best wishes,
Suzanne :)

susan o on 11/17/04 at 16:25 (164191)

So Suzanne, I have thin feet too. What have you found that you can wear that your feet will stay in? I slide right out of Arizona Birks.

Suzanne D. on 11/17/04 at 20:59 (164209)

The Annapolis Birks are a deep shoe, but I had the soft footbed padding added to the removable footbeds, and with that alteration they fit fine. I usually have to punch more holes in shoe straps because they are too loose on the tightest hole, but the Annapolis (a Mary Jane style) have velcro straps which help, too.

I also ordered a pair from Germany (www.gobuyeurope.com) which are now in limited availability called the Santee. They fit my feet the best of any I have tried with no adaptations to the shoes. They are a mule-type shoe.

Good luck!
Suzanne :)

Re: Free Birks again...susanO

BudP on 11/19/04 at 05:54 (164327)

susan, If you have a Birk dealer in your area,they normally can get you a more narrow Arizona. I only wear the soft sole and like you I have a real narrow foot. Not to mention I'm also a size 13. The place I deal with claims the trick is to keep the straps that are near the toes tight. It seems to work for me.

Bud