Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Posted by JudyS on 11/15/04 at 20:56 (164011)

Well can you believe it - we FINALLY started deliberations today! The process continues to be very, very fascinating and stimulating. We opened with a general round-robin of thoughts, opinions, etc. and will now have to figure out how to narrow down our process. I'm thrilled that I've met a truly terrific group of people (sort of like you guys!) in this jury and look forward to lasting friendships - well, I know, don't quote me 'til the proceedings are over!

One semi-troubling moment - one juror asked the rest of us if we could open the deliberations with prayer. I have nothing against prayer but I honestly was a bit uncomfortable with the request. It's such a personal thing - especially in a public forum. I'm not sure if everyone acquiesced out of willingness or out of fear of creating a problem. Who knows. But it's a small thing - inconsequential certainly. A bit of prayer never hurt anyone!

Re: deliberation

Kathy G on 11/16/04 at 10:00 (164039)

This should be the most fascinating part of the whole process. I can't wait to hear what the actual case was about and how it turns out.

I, too, would have felt uncomfortable about starting with a prayer. I have nothing against prayer but I agree, it's very personal. Others probably felt the same way but it's probably best not to start out with opposition. That probably will come when you get into discussion.

Good luck and enjoy yourself. It's great when someone as smart and caring as you are gets put on a jury. Too many people resent every minute of it and don't do a good job.

I would love to be called for jury duty but it hasn't happened yet. Maybe one of these days.

Thanks for the update!

Suzanne D. on 11/16/04 at 18:43 (164090)

I'm glad you started deliberations now, Judy, and I hope things go well with this end of the duty. I'm glad you find the group to be a good one to work with and wish you the best in your decisions!

Suzanne :)

JudyS on 11/16/04 at 20:40 (164121)

Kathy - thank you for your very complimentary words. You are always such a treasure!