Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

TENS unit

Posted by lilly on 11/16/04 at 18:34 (164088)

Has anyone had any success with TENS for TTS? My ortho suggested trying. Would have to pay out of pocket so was wondering if it was worth a shot. Have tried zillion other things so far, limited things to try before considering surgery more seriously.

Re: TENS unit

Dorothy on 11/16/04 at 19:52 (164102)

Lilly - I haven't tried it for TTS, but I did use it for back problems and found it very helpful; in fact, for a while it's what 'saved' me! For what that's worth to you. Best wishes -

Re: Tried Rebuilder

Buck on 11/17/04 at 06:57 (164146)

I tried a product called the Rebuilder. There is a TENS component to it in addition to some variations on TENS.

There were several references on another site from people that said it worked for them on peripheral neuropathies.

I at the time did not have a TTS diagnosis, but it has seemingly worked for several people with varying conditions so I gave it a shot.

It did not work to alleviate pain for me. It did not make things worse either.

The good thing about the Rebuilder is that it offers a money back guarantee (less a restocking fee). Now that being said, they are a little slow on the reimbursement. They did call me last night to say they were sorry it taken so long to process and that they did complete my refund and were putting it in the mail. 'The check is in the mail.'

You can find out about them via http://www.rebuildermedical.com .

I paid $399 for the kit and even if they charge me the restocking fee, I think it was worth the try as long as I get atleast $299 back.