Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

TENS unit

Posted by lilly on 11/16/04 at 18:47 (164092)

Has anyone had any success with TENS for TTS? My ortho suggested trying. Would have to pay out of pocket so was wondering if it was worth a shot. Have tried zillion other things so far, limited things to try before considering surgery more seriously.

Re: TENS unit

Ted Z on 11/18/04 at 18:13 (164288)

Hi Lilly,

I have a TENS unit I have been useing for about three weeks now. I visited my Dr after the first week and when I mentioned no improvement yet, he said it takes a long time before it starts to help ( I figured it would take longer than a few weeks). After three weeks useing it I can feel some slight changes, but nothing to get excited about. Most of the time it feels like the swelling is a little worse but the pain might be a little better, so I am not really sure how good it is working yet. I do think I started with the settings to high, and have turned it down so I could treat myself for longer periods of time. I have skipped a few days where the swelling seems to be to much, but I usually use it for about two hours at a time, two to three times a day when I can. I am still hopefull it will work. I was diagnosed about three months ago, but have had major problems walking for about four years. I have also been getting nerve blocks, with lidicane, so far two in each side, with only a little temporary releif. I also wanted to mention that I thought the unit was realitively cheep, about $200-, plus supplys, which is very minor compared to what I have spent over the last four years. I hope this can help you, and I will try to let you know if I discover anything ealse. Good luck to you, and I wish you sucess.