Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Nursing shoes

Posted by ghiraf on 11/17/04 at 22:37 (164215)

I am very new to PF and wear Easy Spirits with motion control inserts. This remedy is not really doing well. I am a veterinary technician, and am on my feet for 10-12 hours daily 5-6 days a week on hard vinyl coated concrete floors. I would love to go and buy new shoes, but am at a total loss of what is the best shoe for my situation. Would anyone have suggestions for me? I would so appreciate it! And would you recommend buying from a sports super store, or a store like Naturalizer?
Thanks again, be comfy!

Re: Nursing shoes

Carolyn L on 11/19/04 at 13:55 (164365)

I hear the Z-CoiL shoes are good for PF. I have a friend who is a veterinarian that is wearing them on those same cement floors.

Linda V on 11/20/04 at 11:44 (164417)

I have worn plenty of different types of nursing shoes at my job...but I think my New Balance sneakers have more support for me than any of them. I suggest you go to a specialty store that caters to runners...I like the small town store rather than a super chain. Tell them about your job and your feet...and let them guide you. Good luck.

Elda C. on 8/05/05 at 23:04 (180093)

I'm not on concret floors all day but i do have heel spurs. a nurse friend of mine had just bought a pair of Croc's and said i should try them. i got a pair about two months ago and now it's hard to get me to wear anything else . try a pair i think you'll be glad you did.