Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Never again

Posted by Norm on 11/18/04 at 06:19 (164231)

Had tts surgery 10/06/04 after years of suffering. Now I am unable to stand or walk on the surgical foot without extreme pain. I went back to work a few days ago to a sit down job & that does not help either. As long as my foot is elevated the pain is almost non-exhistent. Doc does not seem to know why.He is ordering some orthotics for me. Now I am wondering if I made a big mistake with this surgery. Just needed to vent a little.

Re: Never again

Kim on 11/18/04 at 18:29 (164290)

Norm , I also just went back to work 2 nights ago,Thank God for the pain killers. I literally both nights limped severly out of work. The dr. told me i was really going to hurt ,& to expect this.Also dr. reminded it was going to be a 12-18 month healing process. I keep trying to remind myself this, but icoulld agree with you today .When i go up today pain, pain &pain.

denise g on 11/18/04 at 19:59 (164305)

Did you have physical therapy. I had surgery 10-1-04 , went back to a desk job at 2-3 weeks, was ok, then at about 6 weeks had a lot of pain, physical therapy is helping to break up the scar tissue which is supposed to help. I hope so. Good luck for you, hopefully with time, you pain will ease .

Norm on 11/19/04 at 06:17 (164330)

Called the doc yesterday about the pain & he wants me to try physical therapy. I am dissapointed with my doc! He painted a picture of 2-3 weeks off work & then your ok. I even brought in some info from the web saying how doctors underestimate the time it takes to heal & he kept saying 2-3 weeks. Now I am forced financially to go back to work with this pain. I had 5 weeks sick time paid at 100% so I thought I could do this with no problem. Boy was I wrong. At this point my foot hurts more than before surgery. My right foot needs the surgery also but I don't see myself getting it done.

chris on 11/19/04 at 08:50 (164334)

Sorry you are having such pain.

I had my surgery NOv 9, 2000 and returned to work Dec 4 2000 in a boot cast. I was told to be non weight bearing Nov 22.

I also continued to have some pain and swelling and started pt Feb 8 2001.

To date I continue to be pain free. I was also told that full recovery could take up to a year.

I'm sorry but I honestly do not recall when I was completely pain free.

denise g on 11/20/04 at 05:20 (164396)

Thanks for the words of encouragement, I guess I am expecting too much being 7 weeks post op, still I am much better then pre-surgery. I still have swelling and some pain, which I hope is not tss pain, but its hard to tell.

skull on 11/22/04 at 23:19 (164576)

I don't think some doctors realize just how bad this stuff hurts.