Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Clinton Library

Posted by john h on 11/18/04 at 09:41 (164250)

It is 9:30am Thursday and the official festivies at the Clinton Library are to begin in about 30 minutes. It is raining rather hard at the moment. Umbreallas are prohibited within about a 5 block area of the Library. You can wear a poncho. There will be about 30,000 people with tickets and they sat up bleachers outside the Library. President Bush should be landing as I type. So many Hollywood types are in town I want even try to list them. The Prime Minister of Canada arrived yesterday as did other high ranking officials from other countries. In New York or Chicago this would be no big deal but in Little Rock, Arkansas population 170,000 it is big time. Many exits off of the Interstate are blocked. Last night near the Library we have an area called River Front Park/President Clinton Avenue. Sort of reminds me of Beal Street in Memphis or the French Quarter in Orleans. It was packed with people. Lots of quaint resturants in an old area. No cars allowed. You can come in by street car. Saw Brad Pitt milling around. Hard to get into any resturant as there were so many parties going on. Seems like Hillary is everywhere. Looks to me like she is ready for 2008. The Library itself from the pictures I am seeing looks interesting. An exact replica of the Oval Office and Cabinet room are part of the display. It will open to the public tomorrow but I think I will wait a few weeks. We expect 300,000 visitors on an annual basis to see the Library which is a real kick for the local economy. Supposedly it has already genereated over 1 billion dollars into the economy with jobs, revitilizing an old area of Little Rock, etc. There is a rumor Monica is in town but I feel it is just a rumor or the press would be all over it. Paula Jones lives just north of Little Rock so it would not be a supprise to see her somewhere in the area. I am sure she received no ticket. Sure wish this rain would stop.

Re: Clinton Library

marie on 11/18/04 at 16:27 (164276)

Who cares about the library.........tell us more about Brad Pitt! :)

Suzanne D. on 11/18/04 at 20:01 (164306)

I read on the internet about the opening ceremony of the library. The story mentioned that the complex cost $165 million. It sounds like a well-done project and something that your hometown will be proud of and will benefit from in many ways.

I couldn't help but contrast that to Abraham Lincoln's Birthplace which is near where I live. Wouldn't it be something if we could know the changes that will take place in our country in another 150 years?

Suzanne :)

BLT on 11/20/04 at 18:05 (164449)

Did they have the dress under glass?

wendyn on 11/20/04 at 21:27 (164461)

John, I thought of you when I saw the museum on the news the other day - I was pretty sure that was where you lived.

If I ever feel compelled to go and check out, I'll look you up!!!

We can do lunch!