Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Posted by RACHAEL T. on 11/19/04 at 16:45 (164378)

In regards to the many comments here regarding orthosis.....hmmmm, I have had my 'share' of prescribed orthotics over the past 3-1/2 yrs. of pf. I believe that if I had the 'correct' Rx at the very beginning, my pf may have been cured or at least become manageable - waaaay back then, 3-1/2 yrs. ago! I do think that 'some' pods are not always good listeners; thus, not wanting to make any adjustments to 'their' Rx. Why? I don't know. But, I also think that 'feet may change' over time & may need Rx changes as they heal & become more manageable (thus, going back to Drs.' commentary in the past on this board about having more than 1 custom pair from beginning of pf to latter stages of pf). Anyway, the ideal would be to find a good 'listening' dr. who would be willing to make changes to accommodate the patient's functional well being, as well as the patient's comfort. When that dr. or pedorthist is found, I think there may be a healing progress. So, yes, I think orthotics are good; but only when the fit is good - which requires for the pod &/or the ped. to be better than good!!

Re: Orthotics...

Julie on 11/20/04 at 02:53 (164393)

Yes to all your points, Rachael.