Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

ESWT and failed pf surgery

Posted by Dr. Z on 11/19/04 at 20:39 (164389)

Dr. ED, Dr Rompe, Sunny

I am doing some research on any studies that describe ESWT it use in failed pf surgery or achilles tendon surgery. I have used ESWT in specific cases where there have been failed foot surgery but I can't seen to locate many studies in this area. I believe there was a section on the Healthronic web site that talked about this but the site has been changed. Any help or comments would be appreciated

thanks

DR. Z

Re: ESWT and failed pf surgery

Dr. Z on 11/20/04 at 09:54 (164410)

John,
You appear to my sources of background. I am hoping that you are a reseacher. Do you know of any articles that I reference to in the above link?

Ed Davis, DPM on 11/20/04 at 12:37 (164424)

Dr. Z:
I am unawareof studies. I beleive that Sunny had mentioned that he prefers high energy after failed PF release surgery.
Ed

Dr. Z on 11/20/04 at 13:39 (164436)

Dr. Ed,

I agree that high energy is the preferred approach. I did read one from the healthronic web site but the site is changed and it is removed.

Dr. Z on 11/20/04 at 15:31 (164440)

John,
Just to make sure you understand my post. It should read you appear to have many sources for ESWT . I am hoping that you are a researcher. Do you have a literature that discusses the sucess of ESWT with post surgical pf failures