Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Pf & SN?

Posted by Linda O on 11/20/04 at 11:08 (164413)

Hi again I have been suffering from feet pain more on left than right .My DR has decided I should see a Nuroligest.His diognoses is PF and sural neuritis I have never heard of sural neuritis has anyone else?
I fell at work my left foot was caught in a plastic container my foot problems started then. My Dr thinks that severs disease at12 could play a role here I'm 48 now and have had no problem in between 12 and now.Both feet go numb and both have heel pain but my left foot has a burning on the lateral side that he can't explain or won't I am 5'8 and wiegh 190 I am over wieght but not an extream amount. He told me I had arturitis but that ius not in his paper work. I feel he is slacking on me because I filed for my 3 weeks pay with W/C.He also told me to find a sit down job not in his report would that stop him from treating me? sorry this is long.

Re: Pf & SN?

Ed Davis, DPM on 11/20/04 at 12:35 (164423)

Severs desesae at age 12 is unlikely to have any sequelae. Sural neuritis just means that the sural nerve, the nerve o nthe outside of your foot is inflamed. That sometimes occurs when patients with PF tend to walk on the outside of their feet to avoid PF pain.

Re: what are ringworms

ale m on 11/20/04 at 15:37 (164441)

I have a huge big honking huge ringworm on my left foot and it hurts really bad what can i use?

Linda O on 11/21/04 at 09:22 (164478)

Will Pf go away on its own ? I have had this a yr now.

Julie on 11/21/04 at 09:50 (164479)

Linda, I'm not a doctor, but until you get a response from one of them, please read the heel pain book (click on the link). It's one of the best sources of information about PF, its causes and treatment options. To answer your question, no, it won't go away on its own: you need to see a podiatrist (foot doctor) for an examination and diagnosis of what is causing the problem. Then you need to treat the cause. You'll be able to inform yourself with the heel pain book, but the most important thing is to get a correct diagnosis and treatment plan.