Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Dealing with Pain - PS

Posted by Julie on 11/21/04 at 06:24 (164468)

I'm sorry, but I made a mess of that long post. I copied part of a different version of it into it, and didn't delete it. I've asked Scott if I can revise it, but in case you see it before that happens, please stop reading at the point where you'll see a two-inch space between the proper end of the post, and the bit I didn't delete.

I say stop reading, because you'll already have read it, so don't waste your time reading it again.

I feel so stupid when I do things like this! I spent the whole morning putting that post together, and made a mess of it.

Re: Dealing with Pain - PS

Suzanne D. on 11/21/04 at 06:58 (164469)

No need to apologize, Julie! It's a wonderfully helpful post, and it is easy to just stop reading when one gets to that point where part of it repeats. I appreciate how much time and effort you put into the post the first time you wrote it and also the work you did in bringing it back to our attention. I plan to print it out, not only for myself, but also for my daughter who is in her first semester of college. She has mentioned lately that she has been having trouble falling asleep in the dorm, and I think this would be something that could help her.

I find at school that typically it is the most diligent and best students who are the hardest on themselves when they make a mistake. Sometimes they really grieve over a small error. While I applaud their conscientious behavior, I try to help them not stress so much over a mistake. I tell them what my grandma always told me, 'The only people who don't make mistakes are the people who don't do anything!'.

Thanks again,
Suzanne :)

Julie on 11/21/04 at 06:59 (164470)

Suzanne, you're an angel. Thank you! I've been fussing over this for hours. I still hope to straighten out the mess, but it's nice to hear your comforting words!

Bless you,

Julie

Suzanne D. on 11/21/04 at 07:14 (164472)

The tremendous good of your post is not lessened, Julie! I copied and pasted it into an e-mail to myself and then just printed what I wanted for myself and for my daughter. I thought I'd leave out the references to pain for her right now so she could just concentrate on the relaxation suggestions. Later I plan to share those parts with her as well, but I thought taking one step at a time might make it more likely that she would practice it.

I appreciate your sharing your vast knowledge with us!
Suzanne :)

Julie on 11/21/04 at 09:12 (164476)

Scott, bless him, has now fixed my mixed-up post and the corrected post is now on a new thread.

Thanks, Scott!

Julie on 11/21/04 at 09:14 (164477)

Thank you again for your kind words and encouragement, Suzanne. I hope that what you've sent your daughter is useful to her.