Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

what's up with that?

Posted by Dieter Fellner on 11/22/04 at 06:04 (164530)

I wanted to know about Sonocur, marketing details, costs etc. This is the reply I received:

'Dear Mr Fellner,
Thank you for your enquiry re the Sonocur system.At this present time Siemens Medical Solutions do not market the Sonocur system in the UK.
We do review the situation on a regular basis and if this changes we will contact you.
Best Regards
Paula Mullins'

- erm, now what? Ed, any ideas?

Re: what's up with that?

Ed Davis, DPM on 11/22/04 at 13:59 (164549)

Dieter:
I don't know the specifics of the situation in the UK. Perhaps a reader will appear to inform us. I do know that in many cases, manufacturers have set up exclusive marketing arrangements with distribution companies -- for example Sonorex in the US. I know that Sonorex has an exlcusive for marketing the Siemen's Sonocur Basic in the US, places machines in Canada without exclusivity. Sunny Jacob at Pain Free treatment centers has a weath of information concerning these issues. Also, consider contacting Sonorex directly. David Lowy is my main contact for Sonorex.
David can be reached at 604-714-0542 or at his clinic at 604-684-3035.
He is often on his cell phone but I have misplaced that number.
Ed