Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

scar tingles after PF release

Posted by NB on 11/22/04 at 10:44 (164541)

Hi.I am 9 weeks post open PF release-things are going reasonably well but the scar tingles every time my heel hits the ground.nothing painful and no radiation just localised tingly feelings.Concerned may develop TTS-has anyone had such tingles?

Re: scar tingles after PF release

Pat on 11/22/04 at 19:59 (164565)

I wonder if the scar tingles because the skin in that area is tight? It may be something else but try to massage your feet and rub some oil on the scar just to make the skin feel better. If it continues to bother you ask your Pod. I had PF surgery 10 years ago (I think it was the old kind) and it took almost a year for my foot to stop having any type of pain. Now I had open PF release 3 weeks ago and I have alot of pain in different areas of my foot. I guess it's not alot but I'm a wimp! LOL! The part that hurts the most is the heel because they put disposable staples in there (I also had a stress fracture) so I'm not sure if that's why they used them or not but sometimes when I step down (in the air cast) I feel a wire thing in my heel.

Re: scar tingles after PF release

NB on 11/23/04 at 09:57 (164597)

Thanks for the advice-I hope you settle down soon.Best wishes