Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Sore toes

Posted by Yvonne on 11/22/04 at 17:14 (164555)

For the past 8 years I have been dealing with this problem with my toes. It starts every cold season and usually doesn't bother me in the summer. My second and third toe get really painful. They turn red and look swollen and hurt when I try to bend them. I notice the same thing on other parts of my foot, like small little areas onthe bottoms will flare up . It kind of comes and goes. It feels like an infection in the tissue of my feet. The skin looks fine. I thought it was a joint issue like arthritis ( eventhough I'm only 25) but I can see it affect other parts of the bottom of my feet where there are no joints. I went to a doctor a lng time ago and he said it was some rare tissue infection but he really didn't know much about it or how o help me. Cold weather and tight shoes seem to be what turn it on so I try to keep my feet warm and loose when it happens. But I would like to know what it is and if there is anything I should be taking, some herbs or something, that would help me during the cold months or clear it up completely so I don't have to deal with it.

any advice?

Re: Sore toes

Deanna on 12/07/04 at 07:51 (165294)

Hello-
Did you ever receive a reply to your posted message or from some other source?
My mother is expereiencing the same sysmptoms.
Thank You

Re: Sore toes

Gillian j on 12/07/04 at 22:57 (165332)

I am experiencing the same, thought it was gout!!! or Arthritis but I also think
Its tight shoes and the cold weather, would like to know ho to get rid of it too..
Gillian