Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Happy Thanksgiving!

Posted by Kathy G on 11/24/04 at 08:33 (164658)

I hope you all have a nice day and get to spend it with family and friends. And I hope your feet cooperate and they have a nice day too!

I'm off to make the stuffing! :)

Re: Happy Thanksgiving!

Suzanne D. on 11/24/04 at 08:54 (164660)

HAPPY THANKSGIVING to each of you! I know I've said this before, but when I pause to think of all those people and things for which I am thankful, the good people here at Heelspurs.com are on my list! :)

And, as many of us have stated here before, I think I am more accutely aware of my blessings because I have gone through months of painful feet. I don't take for granted being able to go about my daily routines.

Blessings to each of you,
Suzanne :)

Kathy in Ky on 11/24/04 at 12:01 (164667)

Happy Thanksgiving to everyone at heelspurs.com! I've learned so much from this site, my feet thank you! I hope everyone enjoys their time spent with family & friends. Please remember our troops and pray for their safe return. Happy Thanksgiving!

Kathy G on 11/24/04 at 16:24 (164674)

Ah, yes, Suzanne. Sore feet and Thanksgiving - they just kind of go together. I've used great restraint today because I know my feet are going to kill me if I do anymore. It's not that everything isn't ready, it's just that I can think of more to do!

I'm waiting for my daughter to come home. I've decided this is the year I'll teach her how to wash a turkey. I always clean my turkey the night before and then drape it in wet towels and cover in heavy plastic. That way, tomorrow morning, all I have to do is stuff it. But my feet just won't take standing at the sink so she gets to do it! I can just hear her now, 'Oh yuck! Gross! I'm not eating this!' At twenty-four, she may as well learn how to do it and it's not like the turkey is dirty - it's a Swift's Butterball. But it should be very interesting and amusing! In the meantime, I, being a good mother, will sit and make her favorite cake. I mixed all the dry ingredients earlier when I had more energy. Now I just have to put everything together. That should pacify her!:)

And yes, Kathy, we will all have a special prayer that this awful war will soon be over.

Re: Happy Thanksgiving! Especially to you, Dorothy.....

Kathy G on 11/24/04 at 16:25 (164675)

if you happen to check the boards. I hope you're feeling a bit better and that the holiday is a happy one. And may next year be even better for you.

EleanorH on 11/24/04 at 17:35 (164677)

I visit this site every day just to find out how everyone is doing. I'm 4 weeks post ESWT and doing just ok. I'm definitely in the storm part of the recovery period. I try to take pain pills only at night but sometimes it's tough. It's great to find the support and information you provide. I wish you all a Happy Thanksgiving. I'm off to get two pies out of the oven.
My tip for the holiday -- use a bar stool to sit on while working at your counter top, stove or sink. It has certainly helped me today. Although I have pain, I'm sure it's not nearly as bad as it could have been.
Take care.

marie on 11/24/04 at 20:34 (164686)

I hope everyone at heelspurs has a wonderful Thanksgiving. And if you're not up to making Turkey dinner.........my goodness improvise with turkey subs! Everyone can make their own. Ask for help......it's ok not to be perfect.

It's not the food that makes the holiday it's the people. Give thanks!

Hey the weather here is awful. Snowy icey yukky slush stuff. What's it like your way? Be careful out there.

marie

marie on 11/24/04 at 20:35 (164687)

I'll add to that. Dorothy relax......we have your back. ;) Love ya!

best wishes marie

Suzanne D. on 11/24/04 at 21:01 (164689)

Your daughter sounds like my oldest. :) I think you have a good plan!

Enjoy the day tomorrow!

Suzanne D. on 11/24/04 at 21:03 (164690)

The same from me, Dorothy!

Suzanne D. on 11/24/04 at 21:06 (164691)

It's really blustery here, and the temperature has dropped throughout the day. It rained off and on, sometimes quite hard. I came out of a store this afternoon right after a hard rain to find bright sunshine and a gorgeous double rainbow!

Take care,

Bev on 11/25/04 at 16:34 (164715)

Happy Thanksgiving to everyone from me too up here in snowy Michigan:) We have lots of snow too and the grandchildren are so excited. We had the family all together for dinner and it was so nice , all of the children and seven grandchildren -- what a Kodak day it was :)) The men went hunting and the crew went to the movies to see 'Sponge Bob' , so it's kind of quiet now except for the baby who is 4 months old. Tomorrow we all go to the Santa parade , then Saturday is a birthday party for the two granddaughters (5 & 8). Then after church and lunch Sunday everyone will head back home till Christmas when they all come up again (can't wait) :)) That's what holiday's are all about, 'FAMILIES' , we have so very much to be thankful for :)
Blessed holiday's to everyone. Bev

Re: Merry Thanksgiving to you Bev!

marie on 11/25/04 at 16:48 (164716)

Hi Bev,

So nice to hear from you. I just sat down after a busy day and there were only 4 of us. I quiet relaxing Thanksgiving. Isn't this snow something? It looks a little more like Christmas. I just hope the weather is decent on Saturday......I'd like to get a family portrait in the snow. I bet the grandkids will be worn out tonight.....probably the hunters too. :)

best wishes marie

Bev on 11/27/04 at 17:30 (164774)

Marie,
A family portrait in the snow would be so pretty , maybe you could post it for us to see. I got a picture of Sharon and Gary when they took us out to dinner in Texas last week :) We were in Dallas for 6 days for a church conference and Sharon and Gary came up from Waco and took us out to a great dinner and we had such a nice time, they were so gracious to us:)) We meet such wonderful people from the board:)
Have you gotten your house and museum decorated already Marie? Last year your pictures were so beautiful , are you going to post them again this year ? One year that we go to my sisters for Christmas we need to stop by there and see your decorations and the museum on the way down . We were going to go this year, however all of the children decided to come here for Christmas so we have to stay home --- maybe next year. Have a lovely holiday :) Bev

marie on 11/27/04 at 21:06 (164778)

Oh please do! love to meet you in person.

We're going to get some decorations up tommorow. Unfortunately by the time we all got together the snow was gone. We'll have to wait til Christmas break.

best wishes marie

JudyS on 11/28/04 at 10:48 (164788)

Marie - don't let that snow go away! I'll be in Michigan in a couple of weeks and I NEED it!

Bev on 11/29/04 at 10:37 (164849)

JudyS,

Sorry Judy, The snow has all melted and the sun is shinning today. However, you never know about Michigan, it may have 6 inches of snow again when you get here in GR to visit your family :) Maybe they can freeze some for you :)) I sure did enjoy the weather in Texas that week we were there, I could get used to living that way, you are lucky to have that beautiful Calif. weather , however we were born in the cold and our families are all here so here we stay (even though I :(( the cold). I :(( having to hibernate 7 months out of the year now that I can't go do the fun things I used to do with the children in the snow , it is no fun :( . I do get a lot of reading done though.
Carole, How is the weather in New Orleans? Nice and warm I bet:) How have you been? We were in Louisiana last summer and I wanted to travel down to your area however it was such a longer drive so we did not go, and I did not have your address anyway .If I did, maybe we would have come for the day :) We were just bumming around after we left my sisters in Alabama. Maybe some other time:) I always wanted to see your town so maybe we will get there some day and use your lovely guest room (if Frank is not using it ). Have a lovely day :) Bev