Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

What are you hearing about shockwave therapy?

Posted by anne on 11/25/04 at 21:33 (164719)

I am seriously considering shockwave therapy to treat my PF which has slowed me down to a crawl for far too long...Success rate varies depending on the literature and it's a good chunk of cash. What are you hearing/seeing in your circles re. this form of treatment?
Thank you.

Re: What are you hearing about shockwave therapy?

Dr. Z on 11/25/04 at 21:43 (164720)

Hi.
This a very effective procedure for plantar fascosis. Very important to make the proper diagnosis. We have used ESWT for five years. If you would like additional information I would be very happy to supply you with any information you desire. Please e-mail Dr. Z at (email removed) I personally have patients post-eswt four years pain free that had chronic plantar fasciosis

anne on 11/26/04 at 14:54 (164750)

Hello and thank you so much for such a speedy reply. What is your personal success rate with the procedure?

Dr. Z on 11/28/04 at 10:34 (164787)

Hi,

E-mail Excellence Shockwave Therapy and they can review our results with you. (email removed)

ormsby on 11/29/04 at 09:13 (164846)

Hi DR Z- Thanks for responding to my post. I have been told I have a pf. by podiatiriats.

An xray showed a heel spur. Is there a difference? It has been 2 years and I am ready to try shockwave if I can get it.

Thanks much
Ormsby