Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

to: JOHN

Posted by vince on 11/26/04 at 16:19 (164754)

At this point why don't you call United Shockwave and get their policy directly from them!!

Re: to: JOHN

Dr. Z on 11/27/04 at 11:31 (164764)

Vince,
We do have posts regarding this very specific idea. In fact I remember this post very well. The patient/poster was told that be wouldn't be held responsiblity for any monies that the insurance company didn't cover BUT when asked to put this in writing the company refused to do this. Use the search engine and I believe that you will see this post.

Re: to: JOHN & DR. Z

vince on 11/28/04 at 08:26 (164786)

I researched this company before my treatment and I was aware of those accusations.
I think that both of you are casting doubt about Inited Shockwaves operation because they are making significant inroads into your area and you are both afraid of the competetion. Dr. Z- did this person get a bill from United or did it develope that they were telling the TRUTH. They are honest because they told me the same thing and the finacial and technical aspects of the experience were exactly as they stated. I will state once again, that based on my experience, anyone can totaly trust this comapny in every aspect of their operation.
I challenge anyone to prove that any aspect of Uniteds operation is not totaly honest!!
ONCE AGAIN I WILL STATE THAT MY ONLY ASSOCIATION WITH UNITED IS THAT I WAS A PATIENT AND I KNOW THE FIRST NAME OF THE TECH THAT TREATED ME.

john on 11/28/04 at 11:40 (164798)

Vince,

I just don't believe you. The FTC accusations were against Urological Stone Surgeons, Inc, Urological Services, LTD, Stone Centers of American, LLC. All of these organizations perform kidney stone lithotripsy and none of perform ESWT. If you researched United Shockwave you would have had a hard time finding out about the FTC case unless you knew that Donald Norris and Marc Rubenstein were the chief executives of all four organizations. As a patient, I find it hard to beleive that you spent the time to learn about the entire organization.

The caution about ESWT billing is that patient copays and deductibles can be high and must be charged by participating providers. People considering ESWT should get verification in writing from their provider giving a good faith estimate of the required copays and deductibles before having ESWT performed because patient copays and deductibles from some providers can exceed $1,000 and are dependant on the provider's negotiated rate. The higher the negotiated rate, the higher the copays.

Finally, Healthtronics is a great company. They were the first to bring ESWT to the market and are leading the way for insurance coverage.

You mentioned about the Healthtronics class action lawsuit. As you know there is a significant difference between the FTC case against the principals of United Shockwave and the class action lawsuit against the principals of Healthtronics. In the Parkside FTC case, Federal investigators believed that a violation of law had occured and that there was enough evidence to initiate law enforcement actions. In the Healthtronics class action lawsuit, investors are filing complaints because their investment did not perform as well as they expected. I think that a allegations made by the Federal Government about possible violations of law are more significant than allegations made by unhappy investors.

Dr. Z on 11/28/04 at 19:41 (164813)

Vince,
What I am concerned about is the loss of ESWT coverge in my area that I helped to bring about and worked hard to achieve. Insurance companies just can't afford to pay for these no thrill so called deals that in the long run cost everyone more money.

vince on 11/28/04 at 20:01 (164816)

Why is the fact that there was no conviction of guilty activity was rendered against United or any of the officers being ignored? Because, if the fact that no guilt was established is admitted by you and others who wish to continue to denegrade the company your accusations are then worthless. As far as Healthtronics, the case is still in the courts and we'll just have to wait for the legal outcome. As to my knowledge about United and it's other companys- that info was given to me by the podiatrist who treated me when I asked him/her what they knew about the company, who the priciples were, where they were etc. That gave me enough to find out about the accusations and the settlement that was accepted andthat established no violation of the law was commited by United.
By the way thank you for the poorly disguised admission that you are indeed associated with Healtronics.
I AM A PATIENT THAT WAS SUCCESSFULY TREATED BY THE FDA APPROVED DORNIER EPOS SUPPLIED BY UNITED SHOCKWAVE. EVERYTHING THEY TOLD ME WAS ACCURATE. THAT IS MY ONLY ASSOCIATION WITH THE COMPANY.

vince on 11/28/04 at 20:07 (164817)

Why is the fact that there was no conviction of guilty activity was rendered against United or any of the officers being ignored? Because, if the fact that no guilt was established is admitted by you and others who wish to continue to denegrade the company your accusations are then worthless. As far as Healthtronics, the case is still in the courts and we'll just have to wait for the legal outcome. As to my knowledge about United and it's other companys- that info was given to me by the podiatrist who treated me when I asked him/her what they knew about the company, who the priciples were, where they were etc. That gave me enough to find out about the accusations and the settlement that was accepted andthat established no violation of the law was commited by United.
By the way thank you John for the poorly disguised admission that you are indeed associated with Healtronics.I hope you didn't suffer too much of a finacial loss when the stock tanked.
I AM A PATIENT THAT WAS SUCCESSFULY TREATED BY THE FDA APPROVED DORNIER EPOS SUPPLIED BY UNITED SHOCKWAVE. EVERYTHING THEY TOLD ME WAS ACCURATE. THAT IS MY ONLY ASSOCIATION WITH THE COMPANY.

Ed Davis, DPM on 11/29/04 at 14:50 (164864)

Dr. Z:
I am willing to give Healthtronics the credit they deserve. Nevertheless, I feel that their costs are quite high and need to seriously be looking at making some changes to their delivery structure. I would be most happy to help them (as I would do to anyone) to show them how they can use their machine in an office based setting. Use of blocks, familiar to almost all podiatrists, particularly ankle blocks should be considered. Also, use of nitrous oxide -- the equipment costs $2000 - $4000 depending on how fancy a set up and volume use can be a great way to go.
Ed

Dr. Z on 11/29/04 at 16:17 (164873)

Ed

I think that this should be directed toward John. However I agree with your statements about Healthronics delivery for Ossatron services. I believe their FDA study was done under regional ankle blocks. Scott (r) had his ESWT done in an office setting.

Ed Davis, DPM on 11/29/04 at 18:43 (164893)

David:
I guess you are assuming, as I believe, that 'John' works for Healthtronics. No one would hold that against him if that is the case.
Ed