Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Orthodics

Posted by Pat on 11/28/04 at 08:00 (164783)

I had orthodics made about 2 years ago (and the PF came back)! Last night I was talking to a friend of mine and she said when she had hers made she stood in a box of foam something and the Pod sent this to the lab. I had my feet cast for them. Mine have always felt weird or high or something (can't quite figure it out) but I was wondering what the preferred method was in making them or which method is more accurate in getting them right.

Re: Orthodics

Dr. Z on 11/28/04 at 11:13 (164797)

Hi

Casting in the non-Weight bearing position is the standard You obtain a better biomechically positioned foot with non-weight casting. Some can tolerate this position and may need foam or semi-weightbearing casting You only need a small adjustment with your present orthosis

Re: Orthodics

Pat on 11/28/04 at 19:17 (164812)

Thanks for the info. Can any Pod do the adjustments? I went to Temple University in Philadelphia to have these made and I had so many problems with the insurance that I swore I never would go back! I had EPF surgery on 11/3 and I'm still in the walking shoe and my foot is sore and swollen and hurts but I wonder if I should put the orthodics in when I'm finally able to fit into a normal shoe.