Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Heel Pain and Pain on top of Foot

Posted by JS on 11/28/04 at 13:37 (164803)

I know that I have to go to a doctor for a diagnosis, but I was curious as to what this pain on top of my right foot might be. I have had a heel spur in the past. It has flared up in the past few weeks, but I have also had a pain on the top of my foot for 6 months. My PCP thinks that it is tendonitis, but I am not sure about that. It does occur throughout the day, but it is worse at night and goes from my the outside part of the top of my foot down towards the 4th toe. It seems like it is worse when I sleep and have my foot bent. I would appreciate any suggestions.
Thanks

Re: Heel Pain and Pain on top of Foot

ormsby on 11/29/04 at 09:04 (164844)

I have a similar thing which started as a heel spur. I think it must be some spreading inflammatory reaction-scary.

JS on 11/29/04 at 14:33 (164858)

Actually, the pain on top of the foot started first. The heel pain has been dormant for many many years, but started up again in the past few weeks. The top of the foot has been hurting for 6 months.

Dr. Z on 11/29/04 at 14:37 (164859)

Hi
Time to see a physician. May need an X-ray. At the very least the capsule/tendon in front of your ankle joint is inflamed.

JS on 11/29/04 at 15:09 (164870)

Thanks,
I just got off the phone with the doctor's office and made an appt.!