Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

30 yrs. of severe sucidal foot pain. What is this???

Posted by Nancy F. on 11/29/04 at 19:36 (164903)

Please, I would cut them off it I could. This pain all day every waking minute is ruining my life. Although cancer would be much worse. I am only 44 & have two small chidren & all I do is yell & have very limited patience due to my always being in pain. 8 drs have called it PF. An mri showed I also have degenetrative arthiris. My feet are beet red & burn after being on them a little while. Now the dr I see thinks maybe its not PF because I have no pain in my heel. Just severe constant burning in my feet. So now I am going for a Emg next week. What could this condition possibly be? Please drs please help me.

Re: 30 yrs. of severe sucidal foot pain. What is this???

Ed Davis, DPM on 11/29/04 at 19:54 (164909)

Nancy:
Hopefully the EMG/NCV will shed some light on the subject -- it may be tarsal tunnel syndrome.
Ed

marie on 11/29/04 at 19:59 (164911)

Has he said anything to you about Tarsal Tunnel Syndrome?

Your symptoms sound all to familiar to me. My doc thought PF and or arthritis too. I have TTS. I also went through a time when I actually considered amputation because I just couldn't take it anymore. I'm not a doctor.....and I read hear but rarely post on this board and happened across your post.

They won't treat you until the have test results. In the meantime:

Ice your inside ankles once or twice a day, stay off your feet as much as possible, (it's ok to use a wheel chair), have a family member massage feet and calves.......do not I repeat DO NOT massage anywhere around the inside or outside ankle area, get some COMPRESSION socks (they sell them in the prescription area of Walmart.....the scooters are fun there too), get a pair of BIRKENSTOCK shoes,http://www.birkenstockcentral.com/ and lastly slow down the more you are on your feet the worse.

best wishes marie

PS: Hang in there! We have all walked in your shoes here and we all know just how bad chronic pain can be.

Nancy F. on 11/29/04 at 20:12 (164914)

Thanks Marie. Its means so much that you took the time to answer. I also read this board alot & dont usually post. Lately I havent read to many with my symptoms so I needed to write. I asked my dr if he sees alot of feet like mine & he said a few. Not to encourdeing. He said my fashia along the arch(the band) is very thick. TTS? oh God I wont have surgery. What else can they do? Can u get an epidoral for this? Does it last long?

Dr. David S. Wander on 11/30/04 at 18:34 (164991)

In addition to tarsal tunnel syndrome, your doctor(s) should also consider a vascular problem. Since you also describe severe pain and redness, erythromyalgia may also be considered. Look it up on a search engine and see if the symptoms are similar to yours.

Nancy F. on 12/01/04 at 07:40 (165012)

Thanyou so much. I will look it up. The fact they they are red is this not a sign of TTS that u think it may be erythromyalgia in addition? I do show arthritis also in an mri.