Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Finally I'm free of Plantar Faciatis

Posted by Henry M. on 12/01/04 at 12:51 (165026)

I'll like to thank you very much for all the tips provided on your site. I was ready to accept my destiny of going to a surgery to try to correct a Plantar Faciatis problem that have been following me for almost a year.
Nobody, no doctor, ever even try to give me alternatives of treatment. I got the shot once,worked for a couple of days, streching exercisesthat works for couple of hours and that's it! Didn't work, doctor's next step is surgery...No way!! there's a lot more to try before going to a surgery soo risky!
Well, I just want to leave my thank you very much. Tape and Vitamin C saved me from going to a surgery, in last than 3 weeks!! I'm still using the tape and taking the vitamin, but I'm already feeling no pain when standing up in the morning. Every morning now can be a potencial GOOD MORNING!!

Re: Finally I'm free of Plantar Faciatis

john h on 12/01/04 at 13:03 (165027)

Henry you have only had this one year and now indicate you are already feeling better. Keep up whatever you are doing as you sound like one of the 90% of PF patients who will be cured with conservative measures. Good luck buddy.

Cyndi on 12/01/04 at 19:51 (165042)

So good to hear of this for you Henry! May it never ever re-appear!
Good attitude!

Kathy G on 12/04/04 at 10:00 (165179)

Henry, that's great! It's wonderful to hear success stories like you and I'm so glad you didn't have the surgery!

B. Trev on 9/06/06 at 22:34 (209531)

I'm sorry but i came in late to this conversation. does anyone have any more tips for getting rid of this? I use a night brace- take 500 vit c - some stretching, and tape, only wear dansko clogs-anything else? please!- beth- had it for a year/ since 2nd kid was born.

Re: MBT sneakers

Maryellen H on 3/10/08 at 09:27 (244349)

I bought a pair of MBT sneakers. The sales person sold me on them explaining the reasons why they really help with PF. Well, I think they make my feet hurt more. Anyone else have any experience with them?

sew on 7/24/08 at 15:37 (248686)

ONDAMED go to ONDAMED.net and look at the patient case studies - I had 3 sessions on this wonderful bio feedback device and my Plantar pain has not come back 2+ yrs later!

Chris on 7/28/08 at 10:06 (248739)

Try a Chiropractor mine adjusted my foot and amazingly the pain was gone. Dont know why but it worked.

susie j on 8/08/08 at 09:18 (249034)

Where do you put the tape?...I'm just developing plantar faciitis, and got into your conversation just now..wow, does it hurt!Thanks..