Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Heel pain after ankle fracture

Posted by Laura R on 12/05/04 at 10:43 (165217)

On October 16th I fractured my left ankle. I had surgery and now have a plate and several screws in the outside area of my ankle. I was non weight bearing for 7 weeks. Just last Monday I was released to put full weight on my foot. I had some significant heel pain that started to diminish somewhat after a couple days. Yesterday, after five days of walking in my Western Walker boot the pain has increased suddenly and dramatically. The pain is on the bottom of my heel, not in the achilles tendon. Does anyone have any idea what might be causing this?

Any information would be very helpful.

Thank you.

Re: Heel pain after ankle fracture

laura l on 12/05/04 at 11:01 (165220)

I'm sorry...my computer didn't advise me that the post had gone thru so I tried again...and again. I'm sorry for the repeated posts

Re: Heel pain after ankle fracture

Pat on 12/05/04 at 14:21 (165223)

I'm not sure about the ankle but I had EPF on 11/3 and I'm just trying to put weight on my foot and my foot hurts in places where I didn't have the surgery. I really think that when something like this happens it's because we're walking differently just because we know how painful it can be to walk regularly. You may have this pain for a while but if it doesn't go away after maybe icing it or resting it for a day or two I would call the doctor.