Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

So I Guess Surgery is the last option and that doesnt enen help.

Posted by Nancy F. on 12/05/04 at 17:51 (165225)

Sounds like PF release & tts realise are both the same when it comes to the pain we suffer with & the crappy outcome of the surgery. So is there any hope at all for us 23 yr sufferers????? Any miracles that someone forgot to methion.? Nancy

Re: So I Guess Surgery is the last option and that doesnt enen help.

Pat on 12/05/04 at 18:32 (165230)

The surgery doesn't always have a crappy outcome - but I know we all are taking chances. I had PF surgery about 10 years ago and the year recuperation was the year from hell but at least I don't have that damn pain anymore. Of course I know that it contributed to the instability of my foot and now I had EPF surgery on 11/3 on the other foot. I am just not someone that can deal with pain long term and I wanted to get it over with. I tried everything else and nothing worked and I'm praying that this works but you never know. You would think someone would come up with some miracle to fix this since so many people suffer from it.

LARA on 12/06/04 at 09:24 (165257)

It's hard to know if there's something we haven't mentioned without knowing what you've tried. I've heard of people for whom accupuncture cured their Carpal Tunnel Syndrome. Don't know if it works for TTS, but seems worth a try to me.

Also, I have found compression socks magic (not a cure, but a great treatment that give me a nice life).

Camilla on 12/06/04 at 15:44 (165273)

I had the TTs surgery and it was almost like a miracle for me! I think it is important to get to a 'DELLON TRAINED DOC' as I did. Here is a list on Dellon's site so that you can see if there is one in your area.

http://www.dellonipns.com

Good luck to you!

Missy B on 12/07/04 at 11:33 (165306)

Next month is my 3 year anniversary post tarsal tunnel release and I am happy to say that I am at least 95% pain free at all times and most days have no pain at all. I suffered for 6 years until I got to the point of dragging my leg rather than picking it up and putting weight down on it. It was at this point that I knew I had to do something.

Like Camilla, I found a very good podiatric surgeon that was 'Dellon' trained and certified. He is a very conservative doctor and tried every non-invasive method he could before telling me that surgery may be my only alternative. He was very honest about the risks and various outcomes and left the decision up to me. I opted for the surgery and have not been sorry. My schedule for recovery was slow compared to some I have read about on this board. I was off work for 9 weeks with my foot elevated much of the time. I had a month of physical therapy - 2 weeks before I returned to work and then during my first two weeks of being back to work.
I followed all his instructions - continuing some of them well into the first year of recovery ( such as periods of elevation after coming home from work, stretching exercises, cocoa butter massages of my incision area) and today I am back to enjoying a full life of outside activities. I did change my footwear to such brands as Clarks and Berkenstock which tend to be more expensive than other shoes, but for me they afforded much more comfort. I work in a hospital, am on my feet almost all day, and for me - the surgery was the answer and a welcome relief from pain.

Ed Davis, DPM on 12/08/04 at 16:10 (165372)

Nancy:
PF release surgery helps about 60 -65% of the time. ESWT helps 85 - 90% of the time.
Ed

Nancy F. on 12/08/04 at 18:06 (165376)

yES, bUT DOES eswt HELP tts?

SteveWG on 12/16/04 at 17:29 (165775)

Missy B,

Who was your surgeon and where are they located?
Thanks-Steve