Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

PF for 2 years and counting...

Posted by Dori M. on 12/05/04 at 20:08 (165242)

Hello Foot Doctors--
I have tried many, many possible 'cures' for PF but after 2 years am still suffering from it on a daily basis. I've tried stretching, icing, the sock, custom orthotics (just got a new pair a few weeks ago), cortisone shots, physical therapy, massage therapy, a procedure where my own blood was spun down and injected into the heel, and most recently active release therapy. Nothing is helping, and now I'm back to icing it a few times a day just to keep the pain manageable. I haven't run for about a year; I'm afraid to do it because I don't want to prolong this any more than it already is. It's affecting me mentally/emotionally now after so long. Is there any hope for someone like me who has had this so long? Will it ever go away? Is there ANYTHING I can do to help it go away? Please help!

Re: PF for 2 years and counting...

Linda V on 12/06/04 at 20:13 (165283)

Dori,
I am kind of new to this..only having PF for less than a year..but hang in there and someone will answer you. I have read many wonderful, supportive posts on this board...and quite a few happy notes from people who finally get their PF under control. I think there are probably many more who have 'cures' but they refrain from sharing their news because they don't want to sound 'gloating.' Just my thoughts..but hang in there, cuz I HAVE heard on this board of folks with good results..

Re: PF for 2 years and counting...

Dori M. on 12/11/04 at 13:21 (165486)

Thanks for the reply and encouragement, Linda. I'm still hoping someone will reply with some information that could help.